Many of those who read the RealUGuru blog are Wellness Coaches, consultants or health professionals. From 1973 to 2007 I had a private practice as a Naturopathic Practitioner in NYC. As part of this practice I had a number of Medical Doctors working with me so that I could stay on the “right side” of the law.
As part of my work we had a well-designed system of client protocols. It seems today that many Wellness Coaches have not been taught this. Here are some ideas concerning this challenge.
- Functional assessment – This includes traditional laboratory tests; specialized tests that quantify hormone and neurotransmitter levels; structural and postural analysis, Chinese Pulse Reading and various mental and emotional assessments.
- Analysis and interpretation – There are two areas of inquiry required here.
- A review of specific symptoms.
- A review of testing and assessment results.
To be most effective here a team approach is recommended. This might include physicians, energy healing practitioners, nutritionists, researchers, somatic experts, naturopaths, somatic movement specialists, bodyworkers, life coaches and mental health professionals.
- Therapy – This would be a clinical protocol that might include specific nutritional therapy and meal planning, herbal medicine, aromatherapy, homeopathy, Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic and/or Osteopathic Manipulation, seated or on-site chair massage, Somatic Movement Re-education, emotional counseling and life coaching, Hand-on Healing (Reiki, Polarity), meditation etc.
The Healing Program
Every healing program consists of three phases
- Entry level: The goal here is to establish a client’s baseline levels and existing chemical, structural and emotional imbalances. This is followed by a therapeutic protocol from which clinical responses can be monitored.
- Rebalancing: Here the client is retested to monitor the initial protocol and make adjustments as needed. This needs to be done every six to nine weeks during this phase which may last from three to nine months.
- Maintenance: When function has been restored, symptoms alleviated and retesting indicates that chemical, structural and emotional imbalances have been corrected then annual or semi-annual testing needs to be conducted to maintain the clients state of health.
To learn about how to be a more effective coach please read the Ebook:
The book can be downloaded at:
Lewis Harrison – RealUGuru, is a writer, mentor, success and wealth coach, content-rich, motivational speaker, and an entrepreneur specializing in problem solving and strategizing based on game thinking, applied game theory and Game Thinking.
He is the author of over twenty-two books published in five languages.
Don’t forget to tune to the RealUGuru Radio show every Thursday 4-6 PM EST at WIOX 91.3 FM or on your smart device at WIOXRadio.org.
WIOX is a diverse station that broadcasts original programming including presentation from NPR, the BBC, Democracy Now etc.
If you are interested in business success in the 21st Century in the arts or in any other endeavor you need to read Lewis’ recently published business books.
You can find books on game theory and business success here:
This course and all the offerings on www.RealUGuru.com focus on the application of applied game thinking, gamification, decision science, positive psychology, happiness, and visionary thinking to solve basic, complex and extreme problems. He is the creator of a free course on business success and human potential.
Here is a short interview with Lewis;
This stress management blog is supported by a grant from Events Chair Massage –www.EventschairMasssage.com – a company that offers Corporate Chair Massage and Stress Management Services to meeting planner, event planners, party planners and HR for Trade show booths throughout the United States.